This code of conduct is based on the premise that an atmosphere of respect and grace is most conducive to learning, therefore:
- Treatment of other people (fellow students, tutors, and church staff) must be respectful, meaning an attitude of valuing others and treating them with dignity. Students are expected to encourage & support one another. The uniqueness of each person is valued. Verbal or non-verbal communication that is considered inappropriate will be addressed. This includes degrading comments toward/about one another.
- This facility and all property, entrusted to us to use, will be not abused. Water is the only beverage allowed in the classroom. Red drinks & dark soft drinks could stain the carpet. Use of the basketball hoop in the church parking lot is allowed. Also, while we are holding class, church staff are working. We ask that at all times there be no loud voices or yelling, especially in the entrance area of the church. Students need to be in class or the study room while at PATH.
- Lunch Time | Food may only be eaten at the tables in the lunch room area (fellowship hall) or outside on the lower level. Students may use the fridge, microwave, and stove in the kitchen. Students should only use lunch supplies (plates, bowls, napkins, cups, & plastic silverware) that are in the PATH lunch supplies bin. Students need to clean up after themselves, dispose of their trash, and accept responsibility for their personal possessions (bags, bottles, utensils, etc.). Do not leave these items behind on the tables. Take them to the entrance area and place them on the metal shelves above the coat rack.
- Class Transition | Students are expected to transfer from one classroom to another in an efficient and orderly manner, arriving at their designated classroom on time.
- Space/Study Room | It is important that we be within our designated space (the lower level) at True Life Church. Tutors and parent monitors are only responsible for monitoring students who remain within the indoor designated space of True Life. There is no need to roam the halls upstairs during class time or during a student's free period. If a student is discovered beyond the designated PATH space, the student is expected to willingly be brought to the director. Students are to be either in their classroom, the designated study room when not attending class, or in the fellowship hall during lunch break (11:50 A.M.-12:20 P.M.). The study room is provided for the student's use when he/she is not attending a specific class (open class period). Reasonable conversational noise levels are expected, as the study room is provided not only for socializing but also for study. The monitor will assist the students in maintaining an appropriate noise level.
- Each student is accountable for his/her own actions, including physical actions. Wrestling (including arm wrestling), lifting, punching, kicking, bumping, and tickling are not allowed. Also, no inappropriate PDAs (physical displays of affection) are allowed.
- Each student is responsible for his/her own possessions.
- Each student's dress needs to be God-honoring, modest, and not a distraction to the opposite sex; therefore, these guidelines: no spaghetti strap shirts or low-cut tops, no bare midriffs (even while bending or stretching), no see-through materials. The minimum length of skirts, shorts, and tops worn over leg apparel (i.e. leggings) is 3 inches above the knee. Provision for infraction: A t-shirt will be provided so that it is possible to still attend class.
- No bouncing, kicking, or throwing of basketballs, soccer balls, or footballs in the church.